NUOSPERSE 657 RD can be applied to practically all paint systems, e.g. to air-drying alkyd paints, alkyd-melamine baking enamels, acrylic enamels and industrial primers. By adding NUOSPERSE 657 RD to the pigment paste before the grinding process, a quicker wetting of the pigments as well as a better degree of dispersion is obtained. This has the following advantages:
- Shorter grinding time
- Low viscosity of the grinding paste, resulting in a greater capacity Improved stability of the paint
- Better coloring power of the paint
- Better covering power of the paint
If applied in the correct concentrations, NUOSPERSE 657 RD will not influence the gloss and adhesion of the paint unfavourably. The use of NUOSPERSE 657 RD in the preparation of pigment paste for vinyl use offers the following advantages:
- Higher pigment loading of the pigment paste without increased viscosity, or permits lower viscosity and greater fluidity at comparable pigment loading.
- The superior wetting and dispersing properties of NUOSPERSE 657 RD permits a finer pigment grind.
- The use of NUOSPERSE 657 RD produces an improved color strength of the pigment to the extent of about 5 – 10%. The greatest degree of improvement is obtained with organic pigments.
- NUOSPERSE 657 RD improves the dispersion of the titaniumdioxide pigments, providing greater opacity and whiteness which indicates that for equal hiding, the amount of white pigment could be reduced in the vinyl compound and be replaced by less expensive fillers.
- NUOSPERSE 657 RD does not alter the heat stability of average vinyl compound.